Ergis #ID: 46
The rules of visits to The Krkonoše National Park
1) The purpose of this Public Notice is securing the functions of the Krkonoše National Park (further just National Park) given by its mission to protect the natural values of the area for pertaining its stabile ecosystems, and, in addition, for scientific, educational and enlightening use. Especially it takes care of directing the regime of the tourist and recreational activities in the National Park.
2) The Rules of Visits is a generally obligatory legal regulation. Its effect includes all the physical and legal persons present in the area of the Park or carrying there out their activities. The consent with a different regime of behaviour is granted by the Administration of the National Park (further just Administration).
Prohibition and limits to some activities
1) In all the area of the National Park it is forbidden
a) to enter the areas with newly-planted vegetation done to support the wood restoration
b) to enter caves and other underground spaces
c) to scare and catch wild animals
d) to pick wild plants or their parts except fruits of forest plants
e) to throw away rubbish, to litter or damage springs and waterways
f) to manipulate or damage the equipment for tourism and recreation located in terrain like tourist marking, information boards, rest places, view-points and other generally useful facilities
g) to let dogs run free
h) to behave in a way that could cause damage to the environment and which is in contradiction to the mission of the National Park, esp. to disturb the quiet by excessive noise etc.
i) to organize group sporting, tourist and other actions
j) to install removable ski-lifts and mark winter cross-country and down-hill skiing tracks and both summer and winter tourist tracks
k) to camp and to make fires
l) to ride horses and organize dog-team rides
m) to practise water sports except the Jizera river and upper reach of the Labe river (reach Labská Dam–Kukačka)
2) The Administration can, in designated areas or certain times give consent to activities listed under i), j), k), l) and m) of paragraph 1). The actions carried out on regular attested XC or DH ski tracks are not considered activities listed under the letter i). These, however, must be announced at the Administration beforehand.
3)In winter the access to hunters’ facilities for feeding the animals and to winter-support areas is forbidden with the exception of marked tourist paths.
4) In the areas of zone I and zone II of the National Park besides the activities listed in paragraph 1) it is also forbidden to pick the fruits of forest plants and to enter areas outside marked tourist paths, or, in winter, outside the pole-marked paths, including ski-alpinism.
5) In case of insufficient snow cover it is obligatory for the visitors to respect the closed-down parts of pole marking having been closed by the Administration for the purpose of nature protection.
6) The conditions of car entry, stay and driving in the area of the National Park including the fees are determined by the Public Notice No 2/1995 of the Administration and the persons within the boundaries of the Park shall abide by them.
It is forbidden to practise cycling in the Park outside roads, local communications and paths designated for that purpose with the consent of the Administration. The paths for mountain cycling and the conditions of their operation are determined in a special decision of the Administration
Mountaineering and flying
In the area of the National Park it is forbidden to practise mountaineering with the exception of following parts:
– Hnědé skály rocks (k. ú. Strážné, p. p. č. 1958/1)
– Hranostají skála rock (k. ú. Strážné p. p. č. 1892)
– Emin kámen stone (k. ú. Labská, p. p. č. 103/16, 17)
– Lubošské skály rocks (k. ú. Harrachov, p. p. č. 1033/36).
All the nature components of the mountaineering terrains will receive maximum protection
2) Paragliding and hang-gliding are forbidden in all the area of the Park with the exception of the operation parts of the delimited flight corridors determinated by independent decision of The Administration. Operating areas are marked by signboards with obligatory signs.
1) It is possible to do water sports – run down the Jizera river and upper reach of the Labe river (reach Labská Dam–Kukačka) on the crafts without an engine.
2) To aboard and get off the craft is possible only on determinated places. Those places and their entrances are marked with signboards.
3) To do water sports on the Labe river is possible only under permission of The Administration. Floating time of the day is from 8AM till 6PM. Terrain Service Center of the Administration in Špindlerův Mlýn emits the permission with other floating conditions.
Information, educational and enlightening activities
The protection of nature, the educational and enlightening use of the National Park are directed and organized by the Administration. For these purposes there are information centres established in Pec pod Sněžkou, Špindlerův Mlýn, Vrchlabí, Harrachov and Rokytnice nad Jizerou. While organizing this activity the Administration cooperate with the municipal and local authorities. The above listed centres provide information about closed-down ways (art. 2, par. 5), the cyclotouring tracks (art. 3) etc.
The guards of nature, fines
1)The inspection over keeping the rules within this Public Notice and other generally obligatory legal regulations is carried out by the guards of nature of the Administration. After showing their service-card, the guards are entitled to:
a) determine the identity of persons infringing the regulations in the sphere of nature protection
b) impose and collect the block fines up to 1000 Kč
c) stop the infringing activity if its continuation should endanger the nature immediately
d) detain a suspicious person who is found to be breaching legal regulations regarding nature and country for identification and hand that person over to the Czech Republic Police Authority; caught persons are obliged to obey
e) ask for help or co-operation of the Czech Republic Police Authority possibly municipal police if meeting their obligations cannot be ensured through their own powers and means
2) Trespassing the regulations within the Public Notice can be fined by the Administration in the case of physical person up to 10 000 Kč; the legal as well as physical persons undertaking business activities can be fined up to 500 000 Kč
Transient, general and final regulations
1) The entrance prohibition under art. 2, par. 4 does not concern the owners and tenants of the land
2) For the purpose of this Public Notice winter period is meant within December 15 and March 15
3) The effect of this Public Notice as amended starts on April 15, 1993